Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Welcome 2012-13 Distance

       What a great turn out this past Tuesday as we had our first practice.  I would first like to congratulate the girls cross country team for making it to CIF-Finals. What an amazing performance at Mt.Sac during Pre-lims. I had the honor to be there and cherish a great accomplishment.  I am very eager and excited to commence this track season. This is will be my 3rd season as coach in Torrance and probably one of the more anticipated for me.  Season is just around the corner, this next month is one of the more important once since it is when we start working on our base. We have our first All-Comers meet February 2nd at Zamperini Stadium which is a meet that we host. 

      A date we should keep in mind is February 9th. This is the Paramount All-Comers meet but is also a qualifier meet for the California Indoor State Meet February 18 in Fresno. For further information I have posted a link below.
 *********** Run for the Dream *********

     We will have practice this whole week including Saturday where we will practice at Columbia Park 8:30am.  I know that winter break is a time where most travel out of town for the Holidays but we will still have practice. Those dates are TBA. If you can not make them because of a family trip don't worry it is fine just make sure that I get notified ahead of time. Keep in mind that December and January is our "Summer practice" like they had for Cross Country. If you or your parents have any questions don't hesitate to contact me. J_m_Ramos@yahoo.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment