Sunday, December 30, 2012

DISTANCE NEWSLETTER #3

Hope everyone had a good safe Christmas. As we get closer to our season the anticipation of track should start getting bigger. I know as I say this I might be the only one who is ready to watch some of you fly on the track. We had a very good turn out this week of practice. I can tell that a lot of you are excited to do better from last year and first timers are eager to learn. Due to weather we had to sadly cancel practice on Saturday. Thank you and sorry for those of you that came that day.  Keep in the mind that in the future we will still practice in the rain. Just like in cross country, they will not cancel a meet due to rain. So for this I like to practice in rain just so we get an idea of how it will feel. Plus its Southern Cali, it hardly rains here so lets enjoy it!!!
We haven't had most of the runners come to practice and I know that for most it's because of family being out of town. If this includes you please make sure that we still run on our own. For the VERY FEW that haven't been coming because of laziness... sorry I mean enjoying your break now is the time to snap out of that and come out. We will have an ALL-COMERS MEET in approximately 3 weeks.


SPREAD THE WORD TO YOUR TEAMMATES!!

If you cannot come to practice please let me know by texting, email or commenting this post. 
(Communication is KEY)

Training Calendar  12/31 - 1/6
Mon. 12/31 (8:30-9:45): Zamperini Stadium [Long Run + 300's]
Tue. 1/1 (on your own): HAPPY NEW YEARS!! [30-45 Minute run]
Wed. 1/2 (8:30-9:45): Zamperini Stadium [Aerobic + Stretches]
Thu. 1/3 (8:30-9:45): Columbia Park [Anaerobic + Strength]
Fri. 1/4 (8:30-9:45): Zamperini Stadium [Aerobic + Stretches]
Sat. 1/5 (8:30-9:45): Redondo Beach [Aerobic + Strength]...... MOST IMPORTANT PRACTICE PLEASE MAKE THIS........  406 Paseo De La Playa, Redondo Beach, CA
Sun. 1/6 (on your own): 30-45 minutes

I have Emailed you a questionnaire to complete. Please fill out and bring to practice. If you haven't been to practice please email me (WITH YOUR NAME) so I can send it to your or just put a comment with your email.


J_m_Ramos@yahoo.com 

See you all at practice :)
2013 Torrance Track and Field

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ramos!! :)
    tam.me54321@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been coming to practice because I caught a fever and I've been sick ever since.
    01josef@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete